Sure, nobody’s relationship is perfect, and people make mistakes. But if you feel like you’re being treated badly, you probably are. Listen to your gut. Healthy relationships make you feel good about yourself — unhealthy relationships don’t.
Lying, cheating, jealousy, and disrespect are signs of an unhealthy relationship. So is trying to control a partner. That includes:
- keeping track of where they are and who they hang out with
- checking their phone or e-mail without permission
- keeping them away from friends or family
- telling them they can’t do certain activities
- preventing them from having money